Direct selling businesses, network marketing, or MLM company generally used jargon like upline and downline.
In a very simple language, Upline refers to a person who interviewed, recruited, and introduced you to the direct marketing company. Upline helps you in achieving your direct sales targets and they earn commissions on the sales of your products.
Role of Upline in direct selling
Every person in a company has a role and responsibility to perform, hence every person should know his responsibility then only he/she can perform and contribute to the company.
- Upline is responsible to lead and guide the downline to achieve sales target quickly
- Upline is responsible to help and support beginners to understand and learn business fast.
- As sales is a result-oriented job, hence upline is responsible to motivate and inspire downline so as they become sales winners
- Upline is responsible for training and development of downlines and helps in strategizing the sales activity on a timely basis to increase performance and sales.
- Upline is also responsible for reviewing sales performance of downlines on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Upline is also responsible for solving problems of downlines and providing solutions to the problems faced.
- Upline role is also to update from time to time on new information, policies, and term & conditions as conveyed by the company.
Importance of Upline in direct marketing
There are 7 reasons uplines is important in direct marketing business
- Upline provide training and development
Training and development is the first step towards your goals, everybody joining a company is always new to products, services, management ,code of conducts and hence upline being an experienced professional in a company his/her importance is very vital to train and develop the downlines with not only with products and services but with practical exposure from markets.
The top 3 questions every upline must train and develop in their downlines are :
- How are your products and services different from competitors.
- Why your products/services prices are high/low.
- How your business model different from competitors.
2. Uplines are experienced experts
Broadly, upline has spent more than 10yrs in direct marketing and hence they are aware of question and problem faced in front of a customer or by downlines and hence upline are great knowledge experts to lead, motivate and guide the team to perform every single day to achieve their sales goal.
3. Upline are tough teacher’s
The importance of uplines is not less than a tough teacher, as the tough teacher wants every student to perform and get success in the same way uplines are tough in professional world by keeping in mind the job responsibility they are given to deliver therefore they guide and pressurize the downlines to achieve their sales goal in given time durations.
4. Upline are great sources of motivation, hence they are very important
5. Upline lead by examples
When upline leads the team by example then the whole team finds the path very smooth and easy. Lead by examples can be time management, sales achievement, the highest commission earned, a dream you have achieved, and many more.
6. Upline helps in building relationships and strategy
Direct selling business requires relationships and strategy to achieve sales goal and hence upline help downlines to prepare a workable strategy with implementation so as sales target or goal is achieved with a time duration.
7. Uplines are your valuable resource.
Upline is important because they are a valuable resource to downlines and to the company, their rich experience in direct marketing is invaluable because in this modern world people don’t take direct selling as a profession but uplines took that tuff decision and became a valuable resource.
Uplines are great source of learning because they know the in and outs of direct marketing business and can help every downline to achieve their sales goal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Upline provide training and development
- Uplines are experienced experts
- Upline is a tough teacher's
- Upline are great sources of motivation, hence they are very important
- Upline lead by examples
- Upline helps in building relationships and strategy
- Uplines are your valuable resource.
With rich experience in sales & marketing, Neeraj Upadhyay specializes in sales, business development, service, revenue achievements, training, team building, price, strategy business expansion, new product, and many more. He is an expert sales and marketing professional and hence his written article are most among our reader’s favorite.